Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quiet

 

Adjective:

  • Making little or no noise.  Synonyms: silent, still, hushed
  • (of a place, period of time, or situation) without much activity, disturbance, or excitement.  Synonyms: peaceful, tranquil, calm, restful, untroubled.
  • Carried out discreetly, secretly, or with moderation.  Synonyms: private, confidential, discreet.
  • unobtrusive; not bright or showy.  Synonyms: restrained, subtle.

 

Noun:

  • Absence of noise or bustle.  Synonyms: silence, calm.
  • Freedom from disturbance or interruption by others. Synonyms: tranquility, serenity.
  • A peaceful or settled state of affairs.  Synonyms: calm.

 

Verb:

  • Make or become silent, calm or still

3 comments:

  1. So glad we share a word... and I'm so glad you did the different definitions. I had planned on doing that, but in the chaos of my life, when I finally sat down to write, I forgot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I knew if I didn't, it would be impossible for me to think about all the different ways my life needs quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! friends founf each other. And Leslie, I had not thought at all about the million definitions and ways to use quiet. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete