Friday, January 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Fight

Okay, I've decided to attempt a new thing - participating in a weekly blog link-up called Five Minute Friday.  Here are the basic rules:

Set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community. 

So, here I GO.

 

Fight


As I ponder the meaning of the word quiet this week, I think about my children a lot.  They argue a lot, but honestly, they only truly fight occasionally.  I guess I should feel blessed in that regard.  But, I really don’t like any of the fighting.  I know that they won’t like each other All. The. Time.  But I don’t want them to hate each other.  Ever.  I cannot even begin to count the number of times I ask them, “would you treat your friends that way?”  I want them to treasure their sibling relationships, love each other, lean on each other.  After all, they will only have each other to discuss childhood memories after dad and I are gone.

Quiet – a calm, peaceful household.  Something I truly desire for this year.
 
Stop.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Leslie! My children rarely fight too but they do have their moments. I tell mine that learning to get along with each other now is good practice for when they are adults and have to get along with people in their workforce or in their own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! love your post, and welcome to FMF! YAY!

    ReplyDelete