Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday - SEE

I'm participating in a weekly blog link-up called Five Minute Friday.  Here are the basic rules:

Set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. That is the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community. 

So, here I GO.

See.  My mind wandered for a bit.  Then, it hit me.  See.  The Beatitudes.  From my readings this morning.  Matthew, Chapter 5.   "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."  Hmmmm.....  Am I "pure in heart?"  Nope.  But, that brought me back to my one word for this year.  Quiet.  One thing I knew God had been telling me - loudly, I might add :) - over the last several months was that I needed to be quiet before Him.  Spend time in His word, searching for His plan.  If I bumble along in this life, without Him, how am I going to know when I'm doing what He has planned - or if I completely in left field.

Left field is where I end up a lot, it seems.  So, quiet it is.  Quiet time with Him.  EVERY morning.  So, far, 10 days into the year, I've missed one day.  I caught up with my reading plan the next day - and spent my time in prayer while fixing dinner and doing laundry while the kids were home AGAIN because of ice.

Quiet. 

Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.  See.  How I want to be able to see His plan.


STOP.









2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF and so glad I did. I love your One Word. I have to admit that sometimes, after I've spent some time reading and praying, I feel the Lord telling me "Wait, where are you going? I have more to say. Stay in my presence a bit longer." I think I need to stay and be QUIET a bit before rushing off to my day. And congrats on your great start of keeping your commitment to spend time with Jesus every day. Be blessed dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Leslie. I'm so delighted to hear of your reading plan success thus far. I'm starting. Today. Because I, too, need that quiet on my journey.

    ReplyDelete