Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word 365


This year, instead of New Year's resolutions, I've decided to do something different.

A little over a year ago, I started to get to know someone via Facebook that I'd only really known in passing. She was, I thought, the bravest, most encouraging person I'd come across. Many times, a simple status update would make me stop and think about how I was living my life - whether I was being the person God had planned for me to be.

Through 2013, she showed me how to show grace, even when it was the last thing in the world she wanted to do. Again, I grew, just through knowing her.

So with her encouragement, I am embarking on my own journey with One Word 365 . The basic idea is that the word I choose will guide me as I reflect through the next 365 days.

With that, my word for 2014 is "quiet".

1 comment:

  1. love this, friend. So thankful the Lord allowed grace to shine through. :) Glad to have you on this adventure. And delighted to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete