Monday, November 23, 2009

Nothing Like a Fire Drill

to get your day going.

I came out to my van after delivering William to school to a ringing cell phone. It was Kevin, telling me that there was an emergency. Hmmm....what could that be? He didn't sound panicked - but then he's the one that actually remains calm in a real emergency. Thankfully, rather than make me guess - at which I am terrible - he told me. Seems that an agent wanted to show our house to her clients at 10:30 a.m.

It was 9:05 a.m.

The house was a wreck.

The kitchen floor still bore the spots from beef stew making (last week).

The bathrooms were all in need of cleaning (which was my project when I got home anyway).

I can't remember when I vacuumed the stairs last.

Trick-or-treat pumpkins still graced my kitchen counter.

Okay, deep breath. At least I already made the beds this morning - and the kids put away their clean laundry yesterday. With two of us working, we might actually make it.

I was home by 9:20 and seriously sweating by 10:00. I was completely out of breath by 10:30.

We got the showing pushed back until 11:30 a.m. (Thank you, Lord!)

Thankfully, Sarah no longer cries when the vacuum is running - she just finds a seat on a bed or couch and asks "Done?" whenever we turn it off.

11:15 a.m. - I am flying out the door to get William from school, barely able to speak clearly as I call our agent. But, the house looks REALLY good. I need to go back and re-wash the kitchen floor. In my haste, I missed some spots, but the majority of it is cleaned.

None of it would have been possible if Kevin had not been working from home. He cleaned bathrooms while on a conference call.

As for the showing, it went well. The feedback was good - some of the first positive feedback we've received. So, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment